Web Developer (WordPress)
Casa Blue is a performance marketing and design studio for purpose-driven and justice-seeking brands. We work with nonprofits, social enterprises, philanthropic institutions, grassroots organizations, and people’s movements that are daring, inspiring, and at the forefront of social change. Check out some of our work here: Mijente, Algorithmic Justice League, Justice Roadmap, Organized Communities Against Deportations.
We are a collective of brand strategists, educators, performance marketers, content creators, UI/UX designers, artists and web developers committed to help our partners amplify their stories, connect with their audience, and motivate them to join their transformative missions for social change. This is our passion in addition to our jobs, so we only produce work we are extremely proud to call ours and that we believe can actually “move the needle”.
We currently have a large influx of new projects coming in and are looking for new web developers to take on some of our project-based work. So, if you are an autonomous developer with a preference for a minimal tech stack, your values align with ours, and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves to help our partners’ brands stand out, then we can’t wait to collaborate with you.
On every web development project, you’d be responsible for:
- Creating well-structured WordPress themes and plugins
- Developing static websites using technologies such as Jekyll or Hugo
- Bringing to life existing Figma design files and/or UI design systems
- Understanding theme customization and making custom Gutenberg blocks (WordPress)
- Integrating services such as EveryAction, Action Network, Nation Builder, Mailchimp, etc.
- You are a justice seeker and believe that transformative change is possible if we keep building our collective power.
- You have built and deployed websites entirely on your own
- You have little dependency on third party plugins and a preference for keeping a small tech stack
- You keep security and accessibility standards in mind throughout the development of a project
- Having experience with either Sketch or Figma is a plus (but not required!)